Trion Worlds Creator Contest for ArcheAge® 3.5 Erenor Eternal
Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Trion Worlds Creator Competition for ArcheAge® 3.5 Erenor Eternal Contest (the “Contest”) is organized by Trion Worlds, Inc., who is identified in more detail in Provision 11 herein (the “Sponsor,” “Trion” or “Trion Worlds”).
1. DURATION. The Contest begins at 12:00 AM PDT, June 7, 2017 (the “Start Date”) and ends on 11:59 PM PDT, June 30, 2017 (the “Deadline”).
2. ENTRY. To celebrate the Erenor Eternal update, the Trion Worlds Creator Program is hosting a contest. Trion is looking for existing and new Trion Creators that have been accepted into the Creator Program, to create content that incorporates the ArcheAge Erenor Eternal theme. The Contest will consist of five different objectives: The PvP Plays, Erenor Crafting, Erenor Exploration, Erenor Trading and Art Eternal (the “Contest Objective” or collectively the “Contest Objectives”).
The Contest is open to Trion Creators only. Non-Creators must be accepted into the Creator Program before June 30, 2017. In order to be accepted in the Creator Program players can apply and learn more on our website https://www.trionworlds.com/creators).
• To create an entry, Participants, while playing the new ArcheAge 3.5 contest, must complete one or more of the following Objectives:
o PvP Plays: Participants must submit a highlight video of epic PvP and test out your new Ancestral Skills. To enter, include a link to your video and include your character name and server with your submission email;• Screen shots or videos must be an unaltered image or video owned by the Participant.
o Erenor Crafting: Participants must submit a guide to the crafting changes and the epic new Erenor gear. To enter, include a link to your video and include your character name and server with your submission email;
o Erenor Exploration: Participant must submit an overview of the new Whalesong Harbor and Aegis Island areas. To enter, include a link to your video and include your character name and server with your submission email;
o Erenor Trading: Participant must submit a guide to the trade system update (outlets, specialty packs, etc.). To enter, include a link to your video and include your character name and server with your submission email;
o Art Eternal: Participants must create an original artwork based on ArcheAge 3.5 Erenor Eternal. To enter, include a link to your art and include your character name and server with your submission email.
• Participants must submit an entry or entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Trion Creator Contest ArcheAge 3.5.” The email should include the Contest Objective you are competing in and a screenshot or link to your submission.
• Participants may compete in different Contest Objectives and submit multiple entries, but may only win one prize from each Contest Objective.
• Images may be created using the capture tool of your choice.
• The image must be submitted in a digital format or via a link, and any text included in the image must be legible.
• The image or video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
• The image or video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The image or video must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
• The image must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those of the ArcheAge universe;
• The image or video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The image or video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The image or video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the image is created.
Images or videos that comply with the above guidelines will be referred to as “Entries.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
A. To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
1. Be at least 18 years of age. If you are a minor in your jurisdiction, you must enter the Contest only with your legal guardian’s approval and you must provide written approval of your participation, and consent to these Official Rules and Conditions by your legal guardian, upon request of Sponsor. (This written approval shall be provided within 14 days after the receipt of request by the Sponsor);B. Employees of the Sponsor and/or its subsidiaries, agents, or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
2. Have an active Trion Worlds account, be a Trion Creator, Internet access, an email account and access to a personal computer; and
3. Open to residents worldwide excluding residents of: Quebec, Canada, Brazil and Italy. Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS.
A. Determination of Winners. The winners will be determined as follows:
• Eligible Entries will be judged by Trion’s ArcheAge Team according to the criteria set forth below, and whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
• Any Trion Creator that participates in the Contest, with a valid Entry, will receive an award.
• For each Contest Objective, the ArcheAge Team shall award each Entry a number of points based upon the following 100 point scale: 0-50 points for creativity; 0-25 points for originality; and 0-25 points for adherence to the guidelines.
• For each Contest Objective, the three (3) Entries receiving the first through third highest scores shall be the First Place Winner, Second Place Winner and Third Place Winner, respectively (each a “Winner,” and collectively, the “Winners”).
• In the unlikely event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score in the Creativity criteria, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Winner or Honorable Mention.
B. Odds of Winning. ODDS OF OBTAINING A PRIZE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
C. Notification to Winners. The Winners will be contacted via email (email address from which their Entry was submitted) and shall be announced via the ArcheAge website (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/). The Winners may also be announced on all ArcheAge media channels, including, without limitation, the ArcheAge Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/archeage), the ArcheAge Twitter page (https://twitter.com/ArcheAge), and the ArcheAge Community Forums (http://forums.archeagegame.com/).
D. Any and all decisions of the Sponsor’s representatives, including those of the judges, shall be final and binding in all respects.
A. Description of Prizes.
a. Any Trion Creator that participates in the Contest shall receive an exclusive in-game title (estimate value US$0.00).B. Estimated Total Prize package value: US$2364.85.
b. For each Contest Objective,
i. The First Place Winner shall receive (total estimated value, US$172.99):
• one (1) Archeum Eternal Pack (estimated value US$149.99) and
• one (1) Socke’s Sweet Dreams Pack (estimated value US$23.00);
ii. The Second Place Winner shall receive one (1) Archeum Eternal Pack (estimated value US$149.99); and
iii. The Third Place Winners shall receive one (1) Archeum Eternal Pack (estimated value US$149.99).
C. Winners will be contacted via email (email address from which their Entry was submitted). If a Winner or Honorable Mention cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond as directed within seven (7) days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner or honorable mention. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
E. All federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners . The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
F. Winners may have their Entries and names posted on all ArcheAge media channels, including, without limitation, the ArcheAge website (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/), the ArcheAge Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/archeage), the ArcheAge Twitter page (https://twitter.com/ArcheAge), the ArcheAge Community Forums (http://forums.archeagegame.com/), and via the ArcheAge livestream (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds ). Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, the Winners hereby give Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies full permission, right and authority to use their likeness, photograph, name, hometown, and Entries, or any other information that they provide about themselves, the prize, the Contest, or ArcheAge, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Contest, ArcheAge or the Sponsor, without any further notification or compensation to you other than that set out herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Winners will be given an opportunity to decline inclusion in such advertising and promotions without affecting their eligibility to the prizes.
G. Winners may be required to complete and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of attempted notification in order to claim prizes. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor's parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits.
H. Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
A. You represent and warrant that your Entry is:
1. Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); andB. You agree to:
2. Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an Entry.
1. Be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by email; andB. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
2. Sign any requested documentation set forth in Provision 5 herein (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor), including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that you are a winner or honorable mention.
C. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California.
D. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, are responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability; any incorrect or inaccurate account information; any incorrect or inaccurate achievement information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, accounts.
E. False, fraudulent or deceptive acts shall render Participants ineligible.
F. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
G. If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Participant's eligibility to participate in this Contest or any other Contest run by Sponsor.
H. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper participation in the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select Winners from participants accounts that can be determined by Sponsor to have not been compromised.
I. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
A. By entering this contest, you agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
B. Winners release the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to a prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
C. For residents of the EU: The provisions of A and B of this Section do not apply to claims against Sponsor, its representatives and its vicarious agents for damages because of personal injury or death, and to claims for damages in case of intent or gross negligence by Sponsor, its representatives or vicarious agents. In such circumstances, the release will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
D. Winners acknowledge that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a prize.
B. Any personal data you submit in association with this Contest will be stored on a server in the United States of America. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acknowledgement to the storage of your personal data in the United States of America and its use there for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing (e.g., but not limited to back-up, archiving). This server is controlled by the Sponsor who is not a participant in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Framework. Your personal data will be stored on these servers and used for the purposes of administering this Contest.
C. By entering this Contest, you (or, on behalf of a minor entrant, your parent or guardian) agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Contest, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as the potential Winner or Honorable Mention and for prize delivery.
D. For Residents of France Only: Pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write an e-mail to email@example.com. The data controller is Sponsor. The recipient of your personal data is the Sponsor. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union.
E. For Residents of Germany Only: Pursuant to the German Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right to information about the personal data stored about you, including its origin, recipient or categories of recipients of the data and the purpose of the storage. In addition, you have the right of correction and, in certain circumstances, to disabling and deletion of your data and, in certain circumstances, the right to object to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. To exercise such right, you may write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
F. For Residents of United Kingdom Only: Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message to email@example.com.
G. If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise your right to access and modify the personal information about you stored by Sponsor by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and detailing your request.
9. LIST OF WINNERS. A list of Winners will be posted on the Official ArcheAge Forums no later than one (1) week after the Deadline. A list of Winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Trion Worlds, Inc., ATTN: ArcheAge Team, 2400 Bridge Parkway, Suite 100, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
10. SEVERABILITY. In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
11. SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Trion Worlds, Inc., 2400 Bridge Parkway, Suite 100, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA.
©2017 XLGAMES Inc. ArcheAge has been licensed by XLGAMES Inc. ArcheAge and XLGAMES are trademarks of XLGAMES Inc. Trion Worlds, Inc. Trion, Trion Worlds, and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Trion Worlds, Inc. All rights reserved.